
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Pre-School
Well, my oldest is entering a new phase of life... school. I know all of you have embarked on the venture already and we are a bit late. But, it never was a big deal to me until now.... because I am going through it. I am proud to say that Landon is a mama's boy and would rather stay home with Parker and I. For his own good and for the fact that he's growing up and will start Kindergarten in the fall, I know in my heart that he needs to start some sepration... even if it's only 2x a week. I didn't cry, but wanted to. I didn't hug on him for too long, but wanted to. I didn't hang around and check out all the things they were going to do, but wanted to. It took all the effort in me to leave him with a smile, convincing him that he will love school... and I know he really will. It's not pre-school that is the problem. It's the life realization that he is really not a baby anymore and my days as a stay-at-home mom are numbered. My influence has been had the 5 years he has been with me everyday- all day. Now, I have to TRUST that the Lord will take care of him and hope/pray he will make good decisions, make good friends, have good care in teachers and still be the strong, kind-hearted, loving boy that his daddy and I have worked so hard to nurture. Am I pregnant and hormonal or what?! The practical side of me is realizing that driving two and from 2x a day on Tuesdays and Thursdays is my new schedule. YIKES! Anyway, here is my handsome man starting a new milestone in his life...


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
First of all, he's so cute!!! Secondly, I know what you're feeling girl. I still have a hard time sending Stella off to school...I'm of no help in that matter. Hang in there :)
Makes me miss you even more. Trust me there is going to come a day where you are happy that you have a lttle extra quiet time.
Post a Comment